On behalf of the United Nations in Nepal, Real Solutions Pvt. Ltd., invites applications from potential Nepali candidates belonging from Socially Excluded Groups for a traineeship programme with UN Agencies. UN Agencies in Nepal have initiated a joint traineeship programme for the University graduates belonging from Socially Excluded Groups to provide opportunities to develop their professional competencies and enhance their employability prospects.
The programme will be for an 11 months period with a full time on the job training assignments with access to mentoring and practical experiences in an international UN working environment. Opportunities for prospective trainees are available in the areas of Governance, Child Protection, Nutrition, Health, Irrigation, Climate Change, Fisheries, Public Health Water Sanitation and Hygiene, Economics, Social Policy, Education, Culture, Media & Mass Communication, Agriculture, Forestry, Livestock, Gender Equality & Social Inclusion, Monitoring and Evaluation, Recovery & Reconstruction, Transition Justice, Human Resource Management, Finance, Procurement, Administration and other UN related themes. The minimum selection criteria for the applicants are given below:
- University graduate (minimum Bachelor’s degree);
- Belonging to a Socially Excluded Groups;
- Passion to work in the development sectors;
- Appreciation of UN Core Values (Professionalism, Integrity & Respect for Diversity);
- Strong commitment to learn;
- Willingness to work with diverse groups;
- Basic communication skills (oral and written) in English and Nepali languages;
- Commitment to complete the assignment during the traineeship period.
To apply interested and eligible candidates can:
Log in to www.realsolutions.com.np/UNTP-V, fill up the form (available online) with requested information and attach the Recent Resume, Bachelor’s Degree Transcript, Copy of Nepali Citizenship and Motivational Letter (setting out the reasons why s/he is seeking a traineeship with UN Agencies and what is expected from the experience. Please clearly indicate your area of interest).
Submit the application and following documents in the E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or deliver it at Real Solutions, 4th Floor, Ganapati Bhawan, Min Bhawan Main Road, New Baneshwor, and P. O. Box: 13845, Kathmandu, Nepal;
• Duly filled Personal Information Form (available online, Real Solutions Office and UN offices in Kathmandu and regions);
• Most recent Resume;
• Motivational letter motivational letter setting out the reasons why s/he is seeking a traineeship with UN Agencies and what is expected from the experience. Please clearly indicate your area of interest;
• Bachelor’s Degree Transcript;
• Copy of Nepali Citizenship.
The deadline for application is 17:00 hrs, Wednesday, April 20; 2016.Application received later than the deadline would not be valid for further process.
A minimal stipend will be provided to successful candidates to cover living expenses during the traineeship period. Trainees will be contracted by Real Solutions (sub contracted company by UN) and assigned to participating UN agencies.
In no way should this programme be understood as a full time employment with a UN Agency.
Women from Socially Excluded Groups, persons with disabilities, gender & sexual minorities are particularly encouraged to apply. Only short listed candidates will be informed for further process. Any kind of activity intended to influence the selection process will lead to disqualification.